Friday, December 7, 2007

The Story of Stuff

Have you seen this video? I'm only partway thru it and it's striking a cord. Very SIMPLE explanation of a complicated--or is it simple?--process and problem. It kinda reminds me of the great documentary The Corporation, which I bought to use in my classroom (part of our 1984 unit of study).

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

A good kick in the pants for making all the changes we need to make... and I mean that personally and individually, as in, a good reminder for me to keep working on lessening my toll on the planet, and working to protect my family as much as I can in the meantime.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey Leanne,

This video is a great look at the "American lifestyle." Glad you posted it! Thanks for the side link. I'll certainly check back often to see what you're up to!

Katie at GardenPunks