Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Booking Through Thursday 1/24

What’s your favorite book that nobody else has heard of? You know, not Little Women or Huckleberry Finn, not the latest best-seller . . . whether they’ve read them or not, everybody “knows” those books. I’m talking about the best book that, when you tell people that you love it, they go, “Huh? Never heard of it?”


Well, a few years ago around here it was I Capture the Castle but I gather it's slightly better known after the movie and being printed up in force again. Still, no one I know (besides those I've forced to read it) seems to have it on their radar. Such a sweet tale by Dodie Smith, funny and heartwrenching and ridiculous and real.

And now, I will fill the remainder of the post by writing "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you...."

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Does Shadow Castle count?

Leanne said...

YEAH!!! That's even better!