Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Catching up on Booking Through Thursday

In preparation for tomorrow's question. What?! Sometimes I just can't type when I'm online; it would wake the sweet slumbering babe at my side. And that's good sweet slumberage I'm not willing to give up for the ability to clickity-clack away at the ether of cyberspace.

So here we go:

Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well… What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?


Exactly, yes. All of those things. Okay, not really. I breastfeed for fun in my spare time. No, wait, it's the other way around-- when I'm NOT nursing sometimes I do other stuff. Like teach myself to knit, teach myself Italian, teach myself to cook better, go for long walks to exciting places like the grocery store with a baby strapped to my back, teach people and learn how to wear babies strapped to your back, stuff pocket style cloth diapers... I used to just grade English papers in what would have been my leisure time but that got old so I decided to try a career in full-time lactation and poop-wiping.


Here’s something for Valentine’s Day.

Have you ever fallen out of love with a favorite author? Was the last book you read by the author so bad, you broke up with them and haven’t read their work since? Could they ever lure you back?


Not really...

All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?


Paperbacks! They look lovely enough and sooooo much easier to read/hold above your face burrowed down in bed/hold w/ one hand as you nurse etc etc etc.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yes to the falling out of love with a favorite author...that would be Patricia Cornwell...she wrote a book a few years ago that grossed me out so badly...and killed off a major character in the process (although I heard a rumor it was a trick, and he was not really dead)...in any case I didn't finish the book and I packed up all of her books that I owned and gave them to someone who could stomach her plots. I have no interest in ever reading another book of hers. Life is too short for bad books!

Leanne said...

Ah I remember you saying that. I bet that's what I was trying to recall thinking about this question. I don't think there's anyone really like this with books for me...