Thursday, March 6, 2008

Great Banana Bread!

I just made this last night for the first time (I finally break down and buy bananas, and there are three totally brown ones left on the counter?!), for breakfast-for-dinner, and it was great! I've made a standard recipe before, and I had no idea what to expect from this one, but it was so tasty. I just googled banana bread and honey, because I was looking for something a bit healthier if I had to make banana bread, and this was the first thing to come up! Whole wheat pastry flour, and no eggs, no milk, no white suger, just honey. I used the local wildflower honey I found at Jimbo's, and added finely chopped walnuts, no carob chips. It made a LOT of batter so I had to bake it about 50 minutes instead. It tastes as good as anything, if I may say so myself!

Banana bread

3 comments:

Hippie Housewife said...

Mmm, sounds good.

Leslie said...

Looks good! I made pumpkin bread this AM...

Melanie Lytle said...

Leanne - I've enjoyed reading about your adventure! Thank for listing my blog on your blogroll!

Melanie