Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just Appalling

Sorry, I had to delete the flash show b/c it kept playing (music!) and I can't figure it out right now. Click on the link below to see it....




This is where we put our children, and then we say it's not worth the money it takes to care for them, to be sure they are safe, to help them thrive? And meanwhile, we have something like one out of one-hundred people incarcerated in this country. I guess you don't have to pretend to take care of them once they are criminals, which makes it easier. If we invest now in our children, we can close jails within a generation.

I just don't get it. And my heart is going out to my fellow educators who give themselves so completely and get treated like trash. I just don't get it.

Here's a good page for learning more and getting in touch with your representatives. They work for us. Even Arnold. Let's tell them what we want.

2 comments:

Hippie Housewife said...

Oh, the irony of California cutting public school budgets and coming down on homeschoolers at the same time.

*shakes head*

Leanne said...

Now that's a good point! Scary to think we might have no option but to send our kids to severely underfunded schools, where I can't even get my job back to be close...