Monday, July 14, 2008

Now I Know My ABCs....

We are sick, by the way, the girlchild and I. I felt like utter death all weekend and now she's snotty as all get-out and pretty miserable. I think she had this cold first, tho.

So this morning I plop her down and she goes for her bath letters. She starts saying "lll lll lll" so I find the L for her, and she gets excited. Then she proceeds to say the name or sound for several other letters. She knows B, W, M, P, L, O, T, H, and maybe K and U... I didn't pay perfect attention (hey, I'm sick) but it was pretty impressive to me. Then she kept asking "whatsthat?" and she's doing it again, now... she's adamant that I tell her all the letters she doesn't know yet.

Aw, poor sickie, I think the energy post-nap has worn off already! Gotta go cuddle....

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh no! Get healthy soon...being sick is no fun! If you teach her S she can spell sloth...not sure why that jumped out at me...

slaloms said...

Oh no! Hope you two get better soon!

And btw, Sophie is amazing!

Leanne said...

Thanks, Mommy.

Yeah, she doesn't quite know S but we did watch a bit of a PBS show with a giant sloth in it, yesterday... (a giant puppet sloth speaking in environmentalist hippie stoner surfer drawl, LOL). So maybe you are psychic!

Leanne said...

LOL, of course I cross-posted with you there, C! But thank you. I can't believe Bailey is RUNNING! And signing so much... I can't wait to get these girls together soon!