Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just when I was softening...

Just when I was starting to think we would have to accept Melissa and Doug toys as part of our play kitchen repertoire, I have found a ton about recalls, one as recent as this September in Canada (which doesn't like barium in baby toys! imagine that!). And now there's a whole thread with a lot of bad reviews, on Mothering...

SIGH. I didn't like the look of their "standard measurement" blocks anyway. They looked weird, like they had two different sets of sizes (isn't the WHOLE point to have everything match together?). And I've found some other options for playfood and other accessories. They had the Green Toys tea set and kitchen cookware/table setting/etc set at the toy store at the Carlsbad Outlets, even.... I need to decide what I'm going to pick as her Christmas present! (or presents... maybe just a few things, lol).

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi Leanne- Haba makes some really nice wooden playfood, and you can find all kinds of nice wool/knit playfood on etsy and hyenacart. We have a few Melissa and Doug toys, and they are starting to make me nervous because the paint has started chipping on a few of them. I won't be buying anymore.