Monday, November 17, 2008

We have Nappage...

After waking up at 4:45am on Saturday, Sophie finally wore herself out enough to fall asleep in the car on the way to Costco later that day. We promptly turned the car around and enjoyed her first nap in a week. She slept in a bit more Sunday and napped again, in a closer approximation of a normal sleep routine, and today she is down for her third nap in as many days!

Two weeks ago she napped every day, and I thought that might have been the end of her regularly not napping-- she would do every other day on average. But then last week happened. Is she seriously going to nap only every other week???

I hope she naps while we're up in Davis next week, because we'll want to be able to go out for dinner and stuff, and I don't want her down at 5pm every night.

I am getting so excited about our trip, and so is she. She talks about how we'll drive drive drive and see Nonna and Poppa and Trevor and Melissa and Dan and Bimi and AJ... and kids (at the day care) and Christa and Allie.... and she's interested ("OoooOOOOO!") when I talk about her meeting my friends, some of whom she's never met.

We haven't had a REAL visit with my parent since August, and it's been longer for many folks. I'm so stoked! :)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Me too.. I even dreamed about Sophie ..and she was taking a nap in my dream! How weird is that!?

Leanne said...

Hee hee! You were thinking powerful nap-having thoughts for us! :) Thanks!

Four days!