Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who needs sleep?

Well, you're never gonna get it.

If you do not have a baby/toddler impeding your ability to get some sleep, please please please sleep when you can. Dashing Daddy and I are both sick with nasty colds (he's been coughing for a week and I am diving into the depths of snot and coughs and headaches and the "cold buzz" I get and I didn't even take any meds... I swear I thought I sleep-took-tylenol because I was so buzzy last night!). Sophie napped every day last week, easily... and now she's not napping AT ALL (Daddy got her down for a brief nap yesterday after a looooong walk, but that's been in for a week) and waking at 5am. Nothing like waking in the dark with a tiny face aglow from the DVR clock and a cheerful, "Hi!"

I'm trying to read all the reasons online why toddlers refuse sleep. Either she's about to get 15 teeth all at once, about to make some huge breakthrough like being able to order sushi for herself, or she's a genius, lol. I'm trying to focus on the possible upsides here. Like having HER get the sashimi from now on, darnit.

Luckily Grandma gave us a nice break this afternoon. And she's totally into starfall right now-- she comes over and starts going, "starfall?starfall.starfall?starfall?starfall?" and I say, "You want to play Starfall?" "OOOOHHHHH." I head over to the computer. "Please," she adds. And she emphatically picks the letters she wants to do (I don't let her use the mouse yet-- I'm too afraid she'll reformat the hardrive in a few messy clicks, so she points and I follow orders). Yeah, it's a bit much of screen time (I was just checking out what it was b/c I kept hearing about it, and she saw and wanted to see the "ABCDs"), but if she gets to watch PBS kids when she's sick, I get to use the internets to help me out when I'm sick. It's nice to sit all cozy with her and laugh at the funny animation.

Ah well, another night, another headache. I'm hitting the ibeprofin. I really hope to do a nice update on what we're all doing soon... maybe tonight once the meds kick in.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Ah! The joys of parenthood!

Melissa said...

I wondered about you this week! I hope you get some relief soon.

Leanne said...

Thanks! I am on the upswing but now Sophie's got a stuffy/runny nose. Hopefully she gets a really mild version of it since I should have lots of antibodies at this point!

She still is not napping. She wants to sleep from 5pm to 5am now it seems. What is THAT?! But that's how it goes. I missed you all at playgroup. If she's really better hopefully we'll be there Monday.